Thursday, April 1, 2010

Collected Links

1. http://www.nann.org/
This website is designed for the national association of neonatal nurses. The reason I choose it was because this is the single place that people can go and become united under one cause. It is packed full of all kinds of useful information about neonatal nursing. It has information about how to find a job as a neonatal nurse or help them find a new one if they want to move, as well as helps employers post job openings. It also has information about education such as helping other people involved in the medical field further their career through www.NICUNIVERSITY.org. In the website there is even an online store that has various things you can purchase. For example there are books, CDs and even pins and charms. To me, the main purpose of this website is to help unite the people who all are doing the same thing, trying to help save the world one baby at a time. That is the reason I choose this website.
2. http://www.northeastcenter.com/links_nursing_blogs.htm
I choose this website because it has so many different types of blogs. There are blogs from nurse practitioners, midwifes, nurses from New York, rehab nurses, a mental facility nurse, an emergency room nurse, and many more. It was so interesting looking at the different tales of different people. They talk about what their jobs are or what they did that day. I have to say my favorite one was about the rehab nurse. I have always had a slight interest in the mental health field, in which was at the time when I was still deciding on exactly the field I wanted to go in to. I also love hearing about other people’s lives, so that was another interesting thing about this particular website. That is why I choose this website.
3. http://www.nursingcrossing.com/article/890015/Neonatal-Nursing-The-Nursing-Career-That-Focuses-on-Taking-Care-of-Babies/
This website is an article talking about different aspects of the neonatal nursing field. It depicts different areas of practice for the neonatal nurses. For example level 1 which talks about starting out with healthy infants as a way to introduce you to becoming completely comfortable with tiny babies. Although they did say this job was scarce due to the insurance company cutting the time that the infant and mother spend in the hospital after birth. Level two talks about taking care of infants who are premature and need immediate medical attention. These are the babies who need special care. The rest of the article talks about the other levels of practice involved with neonatal nursing as well as skills, qualifications, and education needed for this type of job. That is why I choose this particular article for research.
4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neonatal_nursing
You can guess that this website is your typical, everyday Wikipedia site. In this website, it talks about everything the job is about. Although this is a short, and to the point kind of article, I think it really sets the stage for any other research someone is going to do about the topic. This helps you get the simple stuff out of the way so that you can dig into the juicy stuff. I’m not sure what else I should say about it. In this it restates the different levels of the job. It also states the requirements and qualifications of a neonatal nurse. Another website I found that loosely relates to my topic of neonatal nursing is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pediatric_nursing. This website talks about regular pediatric nursing rather than NICU. This is why I choose this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment