Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Annotated Bibliography

Annotated Bibliography
"Infant Mortality." Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Web. 07 Apr. 2010.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infant_mortality
This website is all about the mortality rates throughout the United States as well as all throughout the entire world. It also depicts the definition of what a perinatal death, neonatal death, post neonatal death, and child mortality. It breaks it all down into different sections from mortality trends, comparing infant deaths between continents, countries and states. The reason I picked this essay to possibly use in this essay was because my controversy is about the mortality rates in the United States as well as a country as a whole. As an advanced industrialized country we have about 40 infants out of 1,000 infants die. The reason I know this is creditable is because I’ve used Wikipedia many of times and also I saw some of the same charts, graphs and information on other websites throughout the internet.

"Neonatal Nursing: The Nursing Career That Focuses on Taking Care of Babies." Web.http://www.nursingcrossing.com/article/890015/Neonatal-Nursing-The-Nursing-Career-That-Focuses-on-Taking-Care-of-Babies/
I choose this website because it talks about the main points and the main areas of neonatal nursing. The thing that I like the most is that it breaks down the different positions that a neonatal nurse with go through. For example there is a level one, level two and a level three; these are the different levels of a neonatal nurse and the job descriptions. It also talks about the qualifications and education that is required to become a practicing neonatal nurse. I hope to use this in my introduction paragraphs of my essay to help describe the different areas, requirements, education and job description of neonatal nursing and neonatal nurses. Also the reason I think this site is creditable is because I have another site on this bibliography that has the generally same information although some if different from the other website.

"Preventing Infant Mortality." Web.http://www.hhs.gov/news/factsheet/infant.html
This website is probably the exact opposite that I need, but at the same time I really wanted to look over this website. In this essay we are supposed to come up with some of our own ideas on how we can suggest fixing the controversy we are researching. My idea to fix the controversy of high infant mortality is that as a country we need to spend more time researching ways that we can help make the birth of babies and their first weeks, and months of their life the best possible. Another way that I thought of was that we need to make information about prenatal care available to anyone, whether they have a computer or a car; just because their parents are unfortunate, doesn’t mean that the child should get cheated out of life. I hope to use this essay to read over ways that other people have thought to try and make my argument and my idea original, yet actually useable. The reason this is a creditable website is because it is a government website.

"Neonatal Nursing Careers." Web.http://www.nursing-school-degrees.com/Nursing-Careers/Neonatal-Nurse.html
Although this is a repeat of another website about what the job of a neonatal nurse requires, but the reason I choose this website was that I hope to get a different look at the career. It may have some new information that may help me get a good look at the neonatal nursing field as well as help me get a great argument formed for my controversy. The reason I think this website is creditable is because it has the same general information as another website although this website does have some new things that I haven’t yet come across. I do still plan to do even more research just to make sure my points and arguments are valid, and not based on fake facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment